This morning I was feeling a little hungry after Room 12's Google Meeting finished. I thought about eating some toast, but when I finally got to the kitchen I decided i'd just have a mug cake!
Yes, you read it correctly...a MUG CAKE!
And let me tell you now...it was delicious!
I told Room 12 about it on our next Google Meeting, and because Room 12 students love to eat, they of course wanted the recipe.
So...here is a super quick (less than 5 minutes) recipe for a Nutella mug cake! Try it out and let me know what you think...
Nutella Mug Cake
You will need:
1 mug/cup (preferably a decent-sized one...not a short tea cup type)
Microwave
Teaspoon
Tablespoon
Measuring cup (or just a cup)
Ingredients:
60g of Nutella spread (about 5 Tablespoons)
60ml Milk
35g Plain Flour (about 1/3 cup of Plain Flour)
1/4 teaspoon of Baking Powder
Method:
Place all the ingredients together in your mug. Use a fork or spoon to mix it all up. Make sure you mix it until it looks smooth (no lumps of flour of anything).
Once this is done, place your mug into the microwave. Set your microwave to 1 minute and 20 seconds, and microwave your mug cake on High.
Note: If you check it, and the mixture still looks like it's not quite ready, microwave it for another 30 seconds.
When it's ready, add some Nutella on top...Bonus: Chop up half.a banana and add it on top. You can also add a scoop of ice cream on as well!
Enjoy!

Looks soooo good
ReplyDeleteI love it! I can even show you a picture of me with it!
ReplyDeleteMarejke
I love the Nutella mug cake so much! Thank you for shearing the recipe!
ReplyDeleteMarejke
Kia ora Room 12. This reminds me of a vegan version I made once with almond milk and smashed up Oreo cookies. It was ok but not great. I would rather have just eaten the Oreos. I'd love to see some pictures or read some reviews if any of you end up making it!
ReplyDeleteYou did
ReplyDeletea wonderful job miss key
By Aadi
Kia ora Room 12,
ReplyDeleteWow! This sounds delicious - I'm looking forward to how it turns out Room 12.
- Miss Laxa
Oh, Ms Key's! What a recipe! All your students are going to love this and I imagine quite a few of the teachers as well. Yes, I am one of them. Morning tea, afternoon tea, and desserts will never be the same (hahaha).
ReplyDeleteLooks yummy can't wait to try it 😋
ReplyDeleteI made it and it was so yum!I think it's a great recipe although it is a bit hard to mix it well and get rid of all the flour lumps
ReplyDeleteMiss key I made your mug cake recipe, it was so yum! Although it is a bit hard to get rid of all the flour lumps and mix it well, I still think it's a great recipe.
ReplyDeleteSeems like you had a tasty breakfast! I have only eaten a Mug Cake once, but it was DELICIOUS! where did you get the recipe from?
ReplyDeleteI followed your recipe to make this today, but I used a caramel hazelnut spread. I needed to microwave it a few extra times until the consistency was right. It was delicious. Thank you for sharing the recipe. 5 stars!
ReplyDeleteWonderful Dessert Room 12 !!
ReplyDeleteI honestly loved this recipe Miss Key!
ReplyDeleteIt was easy to make and it was delicious. I loved this recipe!
I loved this recipe Miss Key!
ReplyDeleteIt was easy to make and it was delicious. I loved this recipe! If I was bored I would Make this. My wole family loves this recipe!!!